Thursday, September 24, 2009

Butt Out!

From the Heritage Society, "Environmentalists have declared war on your toilet paper."
"It's like the Hummer product for the paper industry," said Allen Hershkowitz, senior scientist with the Natural Resources Defense Council. "We don't need old-growth forests . . . to wipe our behinds."
I don't want to know what this guy's hygiene is like. He's probably one of those filthy hippy-types you see up around Boulder (or was before he found a job in the Enviro "industry", as if that's really a valid field of production.)

Why do some people feel the need to tell me what's best for me? Who knows better than me, what's best for me?!

If manufacturers are forced to make only one ply, thin stuff, we'll just use 2-3 times as much of it to ... er, uh ... "get the job done", so what's the savings?! It's like these damn low flow toilets that are everywhere now. You have to flush them twice and sometimes more just to get them to work. Low flow shower heads are the same problem. They make you spend several extra minutes in the shower just to work yourself into a good lather, then it takes twice as long to rinse off and get the shampoo and conditioner out of your hair. How is that saving water?!

I tell ya what, if you want one ply, you buy the one ply. I will buy what I think is best for me, my family and my butt. BUTT OUT!

1 comments:

Kelly Valenzuela said...

I posted a link to this blog on my Facebook page and one of my friends hit the nail on the head.

"The funny thing is that I've never seen environmentalists rally up against snail mail spam, which I would bet has as large a "footprint" as toilet paper because I get more spam per day than I could spend as toilet paper, if there was only a way to make it "fluffy" haha! They only direct their anger against private companies, which is a direct indication of what they are really after." - Francisco

Now if that doesn't say it all, I don't know what does!

Post a Comment